Panel view Plus time sync with COntrol logix plc

In Rsview Open Global Connections Tab under System
Enter PLC Tag for Remote Year,Month,Day Of Month, Hour,Minute,and second.
Enter PLC tag for Remote Date and Time.
When Remote Date and Time tag in PLC transitions from zero to non-zero value the Panelview will update it's internal clock based on the PLC tag values.

TIME sysnc between Control LOgix and FTVIEW ME APP

I am using a FTVIEW ME application and RS LOgix 5000 software - I donot have RSVIEW.I am using RSLINX Cliassic Lite

When Remote Date and Time tag in PLC transitions from zero to non-zero value the Panelview will update it's internal clock based on the PLC tag values.

arpauto,

This procedure will work the same way in FTView as in RSView. There's very little difference between the software packages in any case.

You can set the Remote Date and Time tag to go high at pre-determined intervals, say once a day, in the PLC, to keep the PV+ clock updated. Or you can have a button on the PV+ set that bit, or both. You can also have the PV+ write its time values to the PLC continuously, or you can have a runtime display on the PV+ that allows an operator to change the date and time as individual values that write to the PLC. This is my personal favorite method, but different strokes for different folks.

See this thread for more info on the subject.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help to get going.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Last edited:
FT View Studio was previously called RSView Studio. Same thing.

Ideally you will want to use the PV+ as the master clock and use that to set the data & time in the CLX.

As mentioned, access the Global Connections in FT View Studio. You will use that to write the date and time in the PV+ to tags in the CLX. Then in the CLX, use the SSV instruction to take those settings and write that to the clock in the CLX.

OG

UPDATE: The Remote options mentioned by others would be used to read the clock values from the CLX and write that to the PV+ clock.

Ideally you will want to use the PV+ as the master clock and use that to set the data & time in the CLX.

I prefer slaving the HMI to the PLC, especially with the PV+, since there is no way to set the PV+ time remotely, nor without shutting down the runtime and hoping it comes back.

Here I have the Clock Update Tool running all the time on one server though, so it updates every PLC clock on a schedule.

I would like to make things a little bit harder :)

if i have 5 pv600+ talking ethernet to 5 Micrologix and also a 6th PV1000 + talking to a Clogix on the same network, can i sync all PV to the Clogix even if each small one are actually talking only to micrologix ? I would need a new access point to the clogix on them while keeping the one with the micrologix but can i run 2 or more in 1 pv ? (Or in other words,can a PV talk simultanously with a micrologix for process data and to a contrologix for clock sync?)

Sure you can if they are all on the same network (and can see each other). You need to add another shortcut in the RSLinx Enterprise setup that points to the CLX for your PVP600's, then the global connections tags need point to a CLX tag through your new shortcut.

Hopefully that made sense!

The previously mentioned Logix 5000 Clock Update tool is what I also prefer as I can use it with a number of other devices.

Has anyone tried using it with the MicroLogix or PV+? I've gotten it to work on SLC 500 and PLC-5 but haven't attempted the MicroLogix or the PV+.

OG

thanks every body- At present we have all PLc's ( Control logix) synchronised. I see in our application program GSV block for getting time - Wall Clock time. I am new to CLX - PLC time is fine synched wit h PC but Destination TAG has a diffrent time. Class Name: wallclocktime
INST Attribute name: Datetime and Dest : Clock.D_yr2011 ( which is diffrent then PLC CPU time.

We have PV+ HMI slaving to PLC. PLC (CPU)'s are via clock update. AS I have mentioned before GSV block is used to get time in PLC prog. but dest reads diffrent time then CPU time.

When you say it's different, can you give us an example? One common mistake with the GSV is retrieving the DateTime attribute instead of the LocalDateDate.

OG