Help with RS Logix 5000

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm very new to using RSLogix 5000. Previously I've used Logix 500 and was able to use the SCP instruction to have a scaled with parameters analogue input that I could manipulate.
I've had a quick look (but I'm sure that someone already knows off the top of their head) is there a similar instruction in Logix 5000?
I'm specifically wanting to monitor an air flow meter and set alarms according to the input.

Thanks in advance.
Mart

I believe the SCP exists in Logix5000, but only in Structured Text mode. You may be able to do the scaling in the module using the configuration wizard for the particular I/O module.

I can't find the SCP instruction. I found the SCL instruction but I'm not sure this is the same thing. Sorry to sound so dumb (I'm kind of juggling this in the air a bit to see what happens).
But you're right - it's only available in Structured Text mode.

If you go into Logix5000 and add your analog I/O module to the I/O config, a wizard will open up that will enable you to set the scaling for each channel, select volts or mA, enable/disable individual channels and set alarm points for each of the inputs. You can then use these alarm points (will be under module tags in the tag database) in your program.

Excellent information, thankyou. Unfortunately we don't have the unit on site yet, so I'm trying to write a program "in the dark" to give myself a headstart. But from what you've told me I need to forget about that portion until I get the system here so I can use the wizard and set it all up correctly.
Once again PLCS.net comes to my rescue.
🍻
Thanks guys (and girls of course).

The SCL instruction is the spiritual successor to SCP; it's actually a Function Block instruction but can be used in Structured Text as well.

If you want to use it you'll have to create a FB routine just to handle the scaling; very easy to do as it need only have your SCL commands in it.

You may even feel that using SCL has advantages over scaling in analogue I/O modules as it's easier to re-scale on the fly.
You can also use the CPT instruction to achieve scaling just as you could in SLC, the only difference is that you now divide with / not |