Omron PLC/Parker HMI tags

ccathey

New to posting on the forum, though I've been getting good answers to questions by reading other peoples posts for years. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I am working on a system with a Parker HMI and an Omron PLC (PNs below). I completed the PLC program and the HMI - except for linking HMI tags to the PLC symbols. I can't get the tags/symbols from the PLC into the HMI.

1. There is import tag function on the Parker Xpress tag page, but that doesn't show anything from the PLC except for the Xpress's _System tags.
  2. There is another import tag function, to import a tab separated text file, but I am not sure what address to use.
    • The address needs to start with 'Channel1.Device1.'
    • However, I am not sure about the quote marks - they aren't used by any of the default tags, but I get errors if I don't include them.
    • I am not sure what comes next - I've tried symbol names, the hex memory address, etc.. without success
  3. I can access the HMI via Ethernet, so I know that's working.
  4. I can access the PLC's ethernet module via Ethernet, so I think that's working. Though I can't find a set procedure for the exact part number I have and I am not sure what needs to be configured within the PLC program itself
  5. The HMI has the PLC's IP address and FINS information configured in the Channel1.Device1 setup
  6. The HMI has the device drives loaded for communications with the PLC.
  7. The HMI, PLC and my computer are all on the same local LAN connected by a simple ethernet switch.

Not sure what do do next - I've been hitting my head against the wall too long on this.o_O

Thank you,
CC

-----------------------------------------
HMI: Parker XTA-007-3R2-33
PLC: Omron CP1H-XA40DT1-D
PLC Ethernet Module: Omron CP1W-CIF41

A quick look at the Parker website raises the question:

Do you have the Xpress Manager software?

Documentation shows there are a couple of different Omron drivers available. FINS Ethernet should work.

For the record, I have not worked with the Parker unit, just a quick review of the website.

I used the Xpress Manager to load the drives for the OMRON PLC and configure the FINS settings.

No luck yet