binary conversion, tying arrays to bits with text files (VB source code included)

Altair

Hello everyone...
Attached is the source code to a vb application. What I had to do was take faults off a slc/plc and attach an appropriate 'Maintenance Code' to it.
There were three different processors, 1 with 53 faults, the other two have up to 75 faults (not set yet)... anyways... I created 3 text files that (depending on the site selection) are used.
Then instead of reading bit by bit I just used the integer value (signed integers).
The 3 text files need to be located in the 'C:\' directory. Though by changing the path in the program the files can be located anywhere.
Take it and use it for whatever. This site has helped me tremendously.

Regards,
Russ

Other choice is use Access-datatables/processor.
Tables are simple, filed 1 is Primary-key number what is equal than error-number from plc, field 2 have description for etc..
One table/plc.

It was written in vb6...

Sorry about that.. if you'd like I could send the compiled executable... so you can see how it works...

Regards,
Russ