wincc flexiable 2007 vs wincc 2008

ajay34

dear all,..:geek: i have question please do correct me for it ..

.after repair crash pc driver..wincc flexiable could not be start this due to missing of ALM key and cant recover the installation cd (which gone with the former working guy)
had purchase a new software from seimens which i think i made a big mistake and scared me to install it ..

..the original version was wincc flexiable 2007 (simatic step 7 version 5.4) the new software which bought was wincc flexiable 2008..now my question ...

1st..can i use the 2007 saved project and open it with 2008 software without change any confugaration?

i m new to this scada plc and learning still..;)

Hi there,

Its a universal law which says that: Newer version always have backward compatibility.

So 2008 can open yours 2007 project without any change.

Another universal law: Whenever you are in scary position like this always make a copy of folder containing original project save it in as many place as possible and then play with one copy to your hearts content and see for yourself what happens.

manmeet...can i ask ..what is the function of wincc flexiable runtime?
and wincc flexiable standard/advance