Can't add PV+ to enterprise

LoganB

Lifetime Supporting Member
So, I know that this is a common problem, but I've dealt with HMIs a lot over the years and I'm really stumped on this particular case. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a panelview plus 700 that was functioning with no issues, running production. I upgraded my FTVME software up to v10.01 and made some changes to the HMI program, and downloaded the MER to the station, which is running firmware 5.10

Everything was fine for a week or so, and then I needed to make another change to the HMI program. When I went to download, I noticed that the PV in question was no longer in my linx configuration. If I attempted to add the HMI back in to the configuration IN FTVME, the communications window would crash. Opening it again would show that the HMI was still not added. This is repeatable and happens every time.

Trouble shooting steps:

I have attempted to add the HMI via the administrative console instead. This will successfully add for a moment, and then the station will disappear.

I have attempted to add the station on a DIFFERENT laptop, and have had mixed outcomes. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get the same results.

I have reflashed the firmware of the HMI (to 5.10) which did not change the outcome.

I have swapped a different panelview+ 700 (same firmware) onto the line, which did not change the outcome until I altered the IP address. I was then able to download my program. However, a few days later, I was unable to see this NEW HMI either.

I have done a full uninstall of FTVME (per the rockwell KB) and reinstalled, rebuilt my linx comms, and still cannot see this HMI via enterprise.

Please note, I can see this HMI in linx classic without issue. I've never had a problem with this. I can ping it as well. Though the HMI is connected into a router, NO configuration has been altered recently and it's been communicating fine for over a year. I also plugged directly into the HMI via ethernet and serial and was not able to communicate with it.

The HMI that WAS on this line is now running on a different line and I have NO problems communicating with it.

I'm going to do a phone call with Rockwell on Monday, and my next step is to completely wipe and reinstall windows, but I'm not even sure that THAT will help since I've seen this problem from other stations as well.

Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before?