When writing HMI program

Here is a basic rundown of how switches/indicators/etc work for easybuilder:

You have "objects". These objects do things. Like a bit lamp, which is on, off, blinking, etc based on the status of a bit. There is a word lamp, that compares the value in a word to a set of values, and acts accordingly. There are all kinds of objects in easybuilder. Each object does something specific, and has a set of parameters that tells it how to act.

Of those parameters, for instance, you have an address, to tell the object where to look and also a parameter to tell easybuilder to use either a picture or a graphic. You can make your own, or there are additional ones on the easybuilder site.

There is a manual, but we would need to know what HMI you are using. I suggest going to the site for your HMI and looking through the documentation for your specific product.

Addressing is a bit tricky on easybuilder. You would need to let us know what type of connection you are using, and give us specifics about your hardware in the system to really get much help. You may also want to search through some of my past threads on the forum, as I just learned how to use easybuilder over the summer.

Here is a link to a search with my recent threads:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=8856818
That link says there are no matches

It might be that the PLC sets an integer or counter.ACC that controls which screen is displayed on the HMI.

I still get to work on a PLC5 with a Quartech panel that the screen selection is by a counter in the PLC. If the counter.ACC = 5 and there is no screen 5 that might be cause a problem.

But, my thought is like the first reply from Steve Bailey - this machine has the possibility of options installed that are not there, so the screens are empty.

Much like one stamping press I got to help commission - half the ladder subroutines were never called, they were for different setups of presses and options not ordered. The press company had one program they used for ALL their machines, setting bits and changing integer values as needed for that machine.