The People We Hire!

PLC Pie Guy

i don't really have to say much here.
Does anybody else have to deal with this level of stupidity when getting a call that the pump won't start because the drain valves open indication is not met.

Well shut the front door! That cable was connected to the prox for a reason.

Saturday morning call for that. Ugh.

Stupid.jpg

Unfortunately yes. In fact I had to just check that the picture was not taken in one of our plants before I replied.

Where do I begin ???

top 4
1. drove 125 miles one way just to reset a circuit breaker.
2. machine won't run, an ac prox cable was cut and all the wires were tied together.
3. 24 volt relay used in place of a 120 volt relay ( multiple times).
4. My new panelview terminal won't work, someone punched the display with a ring and broke it.

the list can go on and on.

james

Oh lord help me...
The level of stupid that is running through these production workers today.... That pic I showed you was the tip of the iceberg today. It just baffles me that these people can mentally get their sox on in the morning and make it to a job on time.
Really, at least 3 different situations today has had management asking me to put STUPID alarms on equipment. They are asking me to make some alarms redundant and display them in other areas of the plant so the more "responsible" operators can see them ,and tell a different operator, who has nothing to do with their machine that they have an issue. Simply because the train horn, the flashing orange light and the giant red text across the screen saying "you have an alarm condition" is not enough.

I am very certain that my 4 year old would do a much better job than SOME of these buffoons. Its absolutely painful to deal with over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... you get the point! Some of these folks have severe learning disabilities.

end rant!

Oh, buddy. We received a new machine right before Christmas, and we're really just starting to run it. The maintenance tech for the area called me out late last week because it wouldn't restart.

Me: Did you put the station in manual or home it?
Him: No, I didn't do anything to this station.
Me: Ok, weird, because it looks like the sequence was stopped and restarted without removing the parts.
Him: I don't know. All I did was take it our of auto and press the Home all Tooling button.

o_O

Oh, buddy. We received a new machine right before Christmas, and we're really just starting to run it. The maintenance tech for the area called me out late last week because it wouldn't restart.

Me: Did you put the station in manual or home it?
Him: No, I didn't do anything to this station.
Me: Ok, weird, because it looks like the sequence was stopped and restarted without removing the parts.
Him: I don't know. All I did was take it our of auto and press the Home all Tooling button.

o_O

That sounds more like a training issue than a stupid issue to me.

Last week I had to do a last minute 750 mile round trip drive because the client could not understand how to swap a (pre-programmed) Click PLC. Just one PLC, no I/O cards. Two connectors to remove, pull unit from rail, clip new unit to rail, reattach connectors.

The job took me less than 5 minutes. I was clocked in for 27 hours that day.