Configuring an IO Link Sensor

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm getting some temperature sensors shortly for an application that will all need to be configured to different temperature ranges. They're configurable via IO link, but the system won't actually use IO link - I'll just need a way of setting up the sensor ranges initially. What's the easiest way of achieving this? Will I have to buy an IO link master just to do the configuration, or could it be done with a USB interface and some software?

Hi all,

I'm getting some temperature sensors shortly for an application that will all need to be configured to different temperature ranges. They're configurable via IO link, but the system won't actually use IO link - I'll just need a way of setting up the sensor ranges initially. What's the easiest way of achieving this? Will I have to buy an IO link master just to do the configuration, or could it be done with a USB interface and some software?

I'm following this as i have the same to do. i have just purchased an IFM AL1342 I/O link Master and waiting on the software for this new released product.

IFM have some software called LR Device which allows config i just downloaded it (Today) but cannot get it to work via my I/O master as yet.