Historian recommendation

erghurt

I need to get some data out of a PLC (ABB AC900F using Control Builder Freelance)

Which Historian is recommended to work with Codesys OPC or Freelance OPC?

Last edited:
If the data is accessible via OPC than pretty much any historian with an OPC Interface will work.

I'll try to sort out your requirement first and see what historian client your user would like to use, things like would you user like to use the existing HMI to access the history data, etc.. what other application need access to the data and so on and go from there.

Alright, it's just a matter of sending process variables data via email, preferably a .csv or .xls file.

Do you suggest any Historians if I already have Codesys OPC or Freelance OPC?

Are you looking for a process historian or a data logger?

There are significant difference. Historian examine the data and make decision on whether the data is meaningful before storing it while a simple data logger just grabs every data point per set polling rate.

Matrikon and Kepware both make OPC historian. OPCExpert is free logging program you can look up. Again, what's your requirement?

Thats a very good point.
In that case I think I am looking for a Historian then.

I'll try to explain in detail.

This system is based on a DCS from ABB called Digivis, right now the only way to get the data they want out of the process is by creating a trend whitihn DCS (this will create a file that can only by opened by another ABB software for the data to make sense), exiting the DCS and opening a software called Digibrowse to convert that newly created file into a "CSV".

So what they want is:
-To continously log "x" amount of variables (some every second others every 5 seconds)
-Save that into a *.csv or *.xsl file
-They would like to have access to that data in the DCS if it's possible.
-No decision will be made based on that data.

Does this information help?

Last edited: