PLC example needed

chadjikkou

Hello i am trying to make a check in system with 10 check in counters ,
Each check in will have 2 conveyor belt , do you have any plc example for siemens s7-300 plc how to merge the bags from the 10 check ins to the collector belt

need a lot more information than that, if you are truly designing a system. what sensors,what drives,if its bags at an airport just let them pile on........

For any given homework assignment or task at work, you must consider these instructions as the customers specifications.
1. read the specifications several times.
2. write down your understanding of what you read in a step by step fashion.
3. review what you wrote down and see if it makes since, modify if necessary.
4. Get with the mechanical designer and discuss the project openly and honestly. When your opinions differ in regards to an operation, discuss it, don't ignore it.
there must be a reason for a difference of opinion. modify your instructions and i/o to accomodate the mechanical design if necessary.
YOU BOTH MUST be in agreement on all points of operation before going to step 4.
5. step through your notes again this time, you are the one following the instructions. In other words, you are the plc. Write down on paper the events you are doing.
For example, turn on hydraulic motor 1, write down hydraulic motor 1 on. If a sensor is needed, write that down.
6. continue through the instructions. When you turn off the motor, mark a line thru it.
7. go through your instructions with all the sensors, motor aux. contacts, outputs documented. Modify if necessary.
8. repeat step 6 until no changes are made.
9. Try to group your data words into some organized fashion. The more programs you write, the more organized you become
10. write the plc program using your notes in a step by step manner.
10A Over half way through writing the program you WILL realize a different/better way of doing something you are almost done writing
(or a new spec will require it) and you will completely rewrite it
10B It WILL happen more than once.
Note: 10A and 10B aded to list. thanks Aabeck, member plcs.net forum

11. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! You may remember things today, but in 5 years and hundreds of programs later, you won't
remember, especially at 2 am, so DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. use easy to understand tags and rung comments.
12. MAINTENANCE is your best friend and your worst enemy.
if you work with them and find out what they can do, write the program where they can trouble shoot the program. they will be able to fix the problem and everyone will be happy.
BUT
if you write the program to where you are the only one who understands what is going on, maintenance can't fix the issue, the machine is down, production is down,
management hears about it, your boss hears about it, then you hear about it - rewrite the program or else. you get calls all hours of the day and night.
this still holds true, a machine can cost a billion dollars, but it's not worth 10 cents if maintenance cannot trouble shoot the issue and fix the issue.
everyone has their own style of programming and you must develop your own way as well.

13. when the customer is in your shop and brings maintenance, discuss thngs with them, let them see your code, be open.
if they make suggestions, write them down, don't ignore them. their ideas may save you days of programming.

14. install the program and leave in program mode if possible so you can to debug your i/o
15. when writing your instruction manual(s), use your notes from step 9. Use easy to understand English language. specify the i/o, timers, counters, outputs when possible.
this will help maintenance even more to see what is going on.
16. Question for you, when is a machine and plc the most dangerous and why?
When it’s first powered on – when power is first applied to a machine, you don’t know how things are wired.
When you energize the plc outputs, you don’t know how they are wired.
When the plc is put into run mode the first time, it will do what you told it to do, NOT what you wanted it to do.
17. debug the program.
Remember, the program will always do what you told it to do, NOT what you wanted it to do.
18. IF you can ask a what if this happens type of question, YOU MUST have an answer, EVEN IF its a 1 in a million change.
that what if situation will happen in the first 30 minutes of production runoff in front of the customer.

this is the best advice I can give anyone.
if others has more / better suggestions, feel free to post
James

The 15 pin Din connector is not common for any of the communications shown 2
you need to get a full pinout for the plug
some pins will be used for RS232 and others for the RS422 and some of those may be shared with RS485
RS232 uses a 5 V power supply and the RS422 and the RS485 both use 12 V or higher power supply
I usually make up my own cables for these types on connections but i always get the pinouts before I start
Putting 12 v on the 5v internal supply will burn it out it sounds like that what happened