Large Display for Plant Alarms

jrsnydley

We have many alarms in our plant that get routed back to our maintenance shop. Most of this could be communicated over Ethernet from various controllers throughout the plant. I am looking for a way to display all of these alarms on a large flat screen monitor. I don’t know of an HMI that would be big enough to display everything I wanted. Is there a way I can do this through a PC or something and display it on a tv monitor?

pretty much any desktop hmi software will let you do this, just use the tv as your monitor. plus you can do probably do picture in picture, if that even still exists, so they can watch something else when they get bored.

I haven't used it much but advanced HMI is free as along as you pc video card supports the resolution you want it will be a pretty cheap fix

Last edited:
Installed a 55" screen up on the wall a customer recently. An industrial PC sits under it in a box and provides the display information using Eaton Visual Designer (Indusoft). It also serves up screens to 16 other stations so we were going to have the PC anyway.

I'll give a +1 for AdvancedHMI

That said, we use Ignition as our SCADA software, and adding a client for a display board like this is pretty painless. Just a "food for thought for future projects" thing. Projects like this seem to spill over into other areas once word gets out!

Both solutions above will also run on a Raspberry Pi, which appeals to my sense of cheap... er... frugality. Definitely sense of frugality... :whistle:

Didn't Maple Systems make a little box that ran an HMI software, and outputted on HDMI??? It was a few years ago, but sounds like a good solution