20 ML1400 Communication Problem

alijuda

Dear Friend

I needs your help with below matter

I used Cisco Managed switch 24 Port to communicate between 20 station of ML1400 PLC , I configured the Ports in Cisco switch as PC and put IP address of each PLC in same VLAN

The problem I couldn't see any PLC when I connect Via switch ? and there is no message arrived between stations , the longer distance between far station not more than 75 meter and I used Cat6 Ethernet cable

Yes , for near PLC its 0 lost and 100% good communication only far station its 3 Package received & 1 Package lost its 75% , but even for 100% send & Received I couldn't see the node in Rslinx

You will have to determine the quality of your Ethernet cabling yourself, hopefully using the port statistics features of your switch.

even for 100% send & Received I couldn't see the node in RSLinx[/QUOTE

The RSLinx Classic "EtherNet/IP" driver uses a broadcast packet to identify devices on the network. Many VLAN and VPN configurations will block this broadcast packet.

A simple test and workaround is to configured the "Ethernet Devices" driver in RSLinx Classic, which requires you to set up a table of IP addresses and connects to them directly.