gsd file for ab slc 5/04 ??

sinanawchi

Hi, can some one help me with find the gsd file for slc 5/04 to configure it in the SST software for profibus.??

I don't believe the you can put a SLC processor on PROFIBUS. You need a specialty I/O module made by SST. The P/N is SST-PFB-SLC. You configure the M0 and M1 files in RSLogix500 per the manual, then configure the modules PROFIBUS setiings (address, baud, etc.) thru the top com port of the module, using Hyper-Terminal and a null-modem cable.

i need only the gsd file to program the profibus
-Allen Bradley slc 5/04 ------------SST profibus scanner
l
siemens dp/asi link

gsd for slc 5/04

Your "diagram" didnt come out well (try to mark it with the LADDER button the next time, that will keep tabs and blanks).

If you mean to say that there is an SST scanner in the SLC rack, and there is a Siemens DP/ASi interface on the Profibus net (that is connected to the SST scanner), then you dont need a GSD file for the SLC5/04, but you do need a GSD file for the DP/ASi interface.

I have the gsd file for siemens but not for allenbradley slc. I think that i need that to.

I have allen bradley rack with sst profibus module.I want with allen bradley come in ASI via profibus.I have siemens dp/asi link.

The GSD file for the SST-PFB-SLC module should already be included in the SST Profibus configuration software. If you see the SST-PFB-SLC in the Masters / SST folder, then you have everything you need. In my software (2002 vintage) the Version 1.4 GSD file is already installed.

If you need that GSD file, you can get it from Woodhead Connectivity (owners of SST). Start at their support website:

http://www.mysst.com/tech/content.asp

You will eventually get to their firmware and GSD file set:

http://www.mySST.com/pub/drivers/pfbslc/pfbslc.zip

There is no separate GSD file for the SLC-5/04 controller.

If you are using COM Profibus instead of the SST Profibus Configuration software, you may be able to use that GSD file downloaded from SST to perform that configuration.