Siemens Step 5 - exporting code

buckian

Hello,

I have a customer who has a Siemens step 5 PLC. He wants to upgrade the system to something else.

Is there an easy way to save the step 5 code as an XML or IEC61131 format? If this can be done, then we could upgrade the system to a PLC from another manufacturer beside siemens.

thanks.

Yes, there is S5 import utility in CoDeSys, many manufacturers use CoDeSys. It has some restrictions, so in many cases you have to modify S5 code beforehand so that S5 CoDeSys import utility knows what to do.

Same with S5 to S7 converter, but less cases that it cannot solve by itself.

Similar Topics

Good Morning, Hoping someone with some Siemens experience can give me a hand with this one. Customer has a S7-200 cpu, which has a 6GK7...
Replies
Views
I'm just trying to figure out the right method of adding a DO card to an existing rack. It's not the *next* open slot, but I have to move the AO...
Replies
Views
Hi Siemens Experts, I am hoping someone can shed some light on my issue. I have uploaded the code from a S7-300 (317-2PN/DP) using Step 7...
Replies
Views
Hello, We monitor the temperature of a pipe via a 4-20mA temperature transducer. This goes into DB135(Read Analog Inputs). The issue I have is the...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the basic question, but I've never worked on Step 7 before (until now, only dealt with Mitsubishi Q-series PLCs)... What is the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom