How to use omron LK401

common

C
omron LK401 is PC link module. This module can be link with a CQM1H and C200H PLC???? or it must link with same type PLC, i means C200H must link with C200H??? When linking establish, are there using LR to do the I/o communication????? please help me . Thanks.

I have used these modules before but it was adding them to the rack for NT screens. For machine to machine communication we use the Sysmac link module. The link module adds and extra host link port to your plc that you can use for whatever reason. I do believe you can connect two omron plcs together with the hostlink port, you just have to set up the programming. That's beyond me! With the sysmac link module all the plcs are on a token ring network and share Data. A CV to a CV is pretty easy once you figure out the directions in the manuals, but going CV to to a C (c200h) is a little tricker because you have to usee link relays.

These plc's can all be networked.
The link modules talk via the LR .
This is setup on the link modules

The Omron C200H-LK401 is a peer to peer network module that has the following characteristics:
Can be mounted to C200H, C200HS, C200H Alpha, CS1 models of PLCs
There is a maximum of 32 Linked PLCs.
Runs at 128kbps for a total distance of 500 meters
Shares the LR (Link Relay Area) which is 64 words (1024bits) among all participating PLCs.
If a bit comes on in the LR area of one PLCF, all PLCs can access it in their own LR area.

CQM1 and CQM1H cannot participate in a PC Link network.

A C200HS/C200H Alpha and a CQM1/CQM1H can participate in a serial 1:1 Data Link similar to PC link and they share the same Link Relay Area.
Speed is 19.2kbps for a total distance of 15 meters. :nodi:

at midnight i could not be bothered looking up that info.
Thankyou Jay

Beware the dreaded LK401. This is very old technology. The things are numbered by a switch on the unit. Unit "0" is the controller. Lose unit "0" and you lose the lot. No more communications until you replace the faulty unit. If you turn off the PLC carrying unit "0", you also lose communications. Stopped using these years ago. You can connect 2 Omron PLCs link to link, if the PLCs support this. The best bet, if you are using C200h Alpha, CQM1 etc that support Controller Link cards is to use Controller Link. Cheap, easy to set up, redundancy built in. If the Controller Link card in control goes down or the PLC is turned off, control reverts to the next unit and so on. Twisted pair only. Great network.