Step 7 Real to DINT

Ranjith

Could someone please help me to solve this problem. I want to send a real number from siemens to a SEW MoviPLC. But MoviPLC cannot receive real numbers. What I am trying to do is multiply the real number by 10 and store that in as a DINT and send it to MoviPLC. Then in MoviPLC I can divide that DINT by ten and use it in the application. My problem is there is no real to DINT conversion function in Step 7. I had to use MOVE function to copy real to DINT and it gives me wrong result. Please help.
RealtoDint1.JPG

Last edited:
I use

Multply the real by 10 then round
Code:
l  realnmbr
l 10.0
*R
rnd
t dintnmr

in ladder or fbd the functions are also there, but i can't remember them. ( i use 99 % stl or scl)

Dear Ranjith,
left of the screenshot you have a instruction tree. In the folder "Converter" (which you have opened) the last four positions are instructions for convertion REAL->DINT