Files not getting downloaded from Panel view 600

Bharat

Hi,
I have been trying to download files from the panel view 600 having RS232 DF1 port using the 2711-NC 13 cable. I am using the RS LINX AB_DF1-1 driver. There is no message and there seems to be no downloading either. I have waited for thirty minutes. Could you guys help me with this.

Did you validate your program before trying to download?
This function will tell you if you have any errors in the program, because if you do - it will not download.
Warnings are O.K just errors have to be cleared.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I have bought the software some days back and it is registered in my name. I am not sure what else to do.

first things first ...

first of all, which way are you trying to move the program?

we "download" a program FROM the computer TO the PanelView
we "upload" a program TO the computer FROM the Panelview

from the way you've worded your post, we're not sure which way you're trying to go - is this "upload/download" confusion a part of your problem?

next question: can you "see" the Panelview in RSLinx? if you're not sure what that means, please say so - we can help, but we need more information

good luck

first you have to install the software on your computer, then develope the program and then try to download to Touch screen.

I am trying to upload a program from the panel view to my laptop. I can't "see" panel view in RS Linx. The name and description of the driver is AB_DF1-1 Sta:0 COM 1:RUNNING in RS Linx.

In the "tools,option and Default terminal selection " screen of the Panel builder 32 what do I need to select" DF1 or DH+ or DH485?" after selecting PV600 type of panel view.

I am not the administrator of this laptop. Is this problem anything to do with that?

As to validating application,the folder does not contain anything. I don't have any panel view file in my laptop yet.

Thanks for the replies. Keep sending them.

Try not to go through RSLinx. Just open the software on your computer and create a new application. Then from File choose Upload.
In the terminal protocol you are choosing the connection to the PLC, not to laptop.

The upload has to go through RSLinx. If you don't see panelview on RSlinx, you won't be able to upload or download.
In the RSLinx make sure to select "SLC-CH0/Micro/Panelview" under Device in RS-232 DF1-1 configurations.
If your panelview is DH-485, you have to select AB_PIC DH485 driver in RSLinx.
Goodluck