AB factory talk ME -> active user -> PLC

Ingis

Hi,

I'm currently using the user implementation that factory talk studio ME has incorporated. The users, related to security level letters. This works perfectly for me. Only I want in my rslogix an if structure in one of my rungs depending on the user security level. Is this possible? So how do I get the logged in user in my hmi to my plc.

somebody has an idea? work around?

best regards,
Wesley

You should be able to use the Global Macro to transfer User Code to PLC. Look in the explorer pane for Global Connections > Macro Tab>Remote Macro 1-5. You can assign a PLC tag or expression to run these Macros.

Note: The Macro you create must be named Macro1 or Macro2, etc. It must have this naming convention to work.

Then Macro is > Form: Tag = Expression So your tag {[PLC]UserCode} and expression {CurrentUserHasCode}

You should be able to use the Global Macro to transfer User Code to PLC. Look in the explorer pane for Global Connections > Macro Tab>Remote Macro 1-5. You can assign a PLC tag or expression to run these Macros.

Note: The Macro you create must be named Macro1 or Macro2, etc. It must have this naming convention to work.

Then Macro is > Form: Tag = Expression So your tag {[PLC]UserCode} and expression {CurrentUserHasCode}

thank you for the reply.

I've got it working like I wanted it :) thx!!

Last edited: