Weintek MT8092XE

lifetech

Hello
Does anyone know what type of USB cable I would use to connect the PC to the USB port on a Weintek MT8092XE HMI?

Many Thanks

For development? I think it's Ethernet only for that. At least according to the installation sheet.

Otherwise, something like this would take care of the connectivity. After that, though, I couldn't tell you if the host controllers would be able to handle it correctly without other drivers/software.

For development? I think it's Ethernet only for that. At least according to the installation sheet.

Otherwise, something like this would take care of the connectivity. After that, though, I couldn't tell you if the host controllers would be able to handle it correctly without other drivers/software.

Thanks for the reply... I need to upload the project to make a BU copy and make one slight change... The EB Pro software guide indicated uploads and downloads can be performed ethernet or USB...

I thank you for your reply!

On power up, there is a system setting icon at the bottom right of the screen...

"When HMI is powered up and displays image, press the
system setting button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
(Default System Password: 111111)
Go to the Network tab, you may choose to auto get DHCP IP,
or designate your own IP.
MT8092XE has two10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet ports.
The default IP addresses are:" Quoted from the manual....

The system setting icon is not present, only the screen calibrate icon is present. I am able to calibrate the screen, but not get into the system settings to see the IP addresses.

Reminds me of our 'Ferag Stacker' machines.
Somewhere in the HMI panel on our machine there is a maintenance
function for copying the parameter set out to a USB stick.

If it's like ours, you might have to contact the machine
manufacturer and ask about how to make a backup
copy of the software. (Mr. Ferag sent me instructions
for buying a little card and a card reader. Put the card
into the machine, copy everything out, put the card into
the reader then copy everything off and stow it on my
laptop, USB stick . . . . Server . . .

Poet.

There is an option to hide the settings bar and use LB-9062 to open the settings bar. If that option was checked in your project by the original designer maybe they added a button to open the settings dialog. Look for a button to open the settings maybe on a maintenance page or something. Also if you have the project file, look for the project name .cmp this is a compressed file that you can use to uncompress and create the project on a new pc. You will find it under Tools

Im Back...
I took a stab and got online with it using the default IP address. I then performed an upload, and this process said that it finished. Now, When I open the project it is completly blank. I am using the newest version of EasyBuilder Pro. It almost seems like I need to have a copy of the program

You need to find the file mt8000. It's an object file containing all of the code and the library objects. Add .exob to it, making it mt8000.exob.
Then, go to Decompile, locate your new object file, and decompile it. You should now have a project. Save it (with your own project name).

I did the above from memory. Follow the steps in this document.

Last edited:
Im Back...
I took a stab and got online with it using the default IP address. I then performed an upload, and this process said that it finished. Now, When I open the project it is completly blank. I am using the newest version of EasyBuilder Pro. It almost seems like I need to have a copy of the program

If you are able to connect then you should be able to download the program I think with .exob extension and decompile in the software. I had the same issue last year and Keith helped me through it.