Compactlogix reading SLC/Micrologix fault

Dariusincj

I'm attempting to read about 5 different PLC's and storing their data in a CompactLogix 5380 where I can manipulate the data I need. I am having issues setting up the message block.
I've got the message block setup in the CompactLogix to connect to the micrologix 1400 but i'm getting Parameter error in module configuration. It's set as a SLC Typed Read, source element N201:0, number of elements 1, and my destination is an INT.
The other SLC's on the AB-X2-ABDHP, i'm not even sure how to set up the communications on those.
Anyone ever try to do it?

pic1.png

Is that a view from RSLinx, or the I/O tree of the CompactLogix ? I guess you're connected to the CompactLogix over USB and are browsing the network.

Be sure the MicroLogix is not in the I/O tree; that can interfere with its comms because it cannot create an I/O connection and will get confused by the repeated attempts to establish one.

What is the exact error message in your MSG instruction ?

That is a screen shot of the connections in Linx, from USB connection. I have nothing in my I/O config tree in the PLC. With the micrologix message I'm getting a Parameter error in module configuration error message.

The other SLC's on the AB-X2-ABDHP, i'm not even sure how to set up the communications on those.

What type of SLC is connected to the AB-X2-ABDHP, and through which port ?

MSG instructions to controllers on DH+ are actually aimed via the CIP path to the DHRIO module, and then processed by the DHRIO module on DH+.

Read up in the MSG Help on how to configure the message so it gets to the DHRIO, from which point you tell it which port and which node to execute the message on.

Parameter error in module configuration error message.

Can you screenshot that, as well as the configuration of the MSG instruction ?

What is your exact CIP Path to the MicroLogix ?

For messages to the SLCs on the DHRIO module, refer to this thread for a similar example:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=112454

That example is ControlLogix, with the route going out of an Ethernet module rather than an integrated Ethernet port on the CompactLogix. So it will not be an exact match.

I did use that link, set it up. Now I have the same error on that message block as I do with my Micrologix message block. Not sure why though.

I'm striking out...but I have to ask: L7_SYSTEM is an array of type INT in the CompactLogix? No typo?

I'm attempting to read about 5 different PLC's and storing their data in a CompactLogix 5380 where I can manipulate the data I need. I am having issues setting up the message block.
I've got the message block setup in the CompactLogix to connect to the micrologix 1400 but i'm getting Parameter error in module configuration. It's set as a SLC Typed Read, source element N201:0, number of elements 1, and my destination is an INT.
Anyone ever try to do it?

Everything looks OK to me.

I've never seen N files in the 200 range for a micrologix.

Try to read N7:0 and see if that works? Like others, I am grasping at straws here. But the SLC typed read likely has some artificial limits, given when it was designed.

Here is my code, reading a Micrologix 1100 from a ControlLogix L73, working as it should

Switch3_1.JPG Switch3_2.JPG

Thanks for posting those error codes, and especially because you posted that RSLinx Browse at the beginning.

The problem is very likely the CIP Path.

The 5069 CompactLogix has a feature that other controllers have never had before; the ability to either use the two Ethernet plugs as one port or as two.

When you set it up so that they're one port, they get one IP address and you can use the DLR ring feature.

When you set it up so that they are two ports with different IP addresses, you can't use DLR but you can set the two Ethernet plus up for different IP addresses.

AND... the outgoing CIP Port number changes. In 1-port mode it's CIP Port 2. In 2-port mode, they are CIP Ports 3 and 4.

Try changing your CIP Path to "4, 192.168.0.40".