Converting a TI505 to AB. MIRW instruction??

Psymon

Hi guys,

Another great weekend here in Wisconsin, it snowed 15" this week and I'm stuck working. Now that I've used my alloted time for complaining this month.......

I have a TI505 printout, and I'm going through it rung by rung converting it to a AB ControlLogix platform. I have come across an instruction called an MIRW which basically takes up to 16 boolean bits and transfers them to an integer. Is there an easy way to do this without just doing the XIC-OTE 16 times a rung? I wouldn't have a problem with this, except I find this instruction probably 75+ times throughout the program.

Thanks,
Jay

Move Input Register to Word (MIRW) looks like it works almost exactly like a Bit Field Distribute (BTD) in the A-B world.

If the source length is actually 16 bits, then the ordinary COP or CPS (Copy Synchronous) instructions will work.

Also, putting 16 XIC/OTE rungs into an Add On Instruction is a perfect use of that technique.

Yeah, unfortunately to finish this conversion in a reasonable time frame, I had to make an array of the C boolean bits in an array of 2048 so I could just punch in the number without having to remember what method I used for converting. I'll give thie bit field distribure a whirl and let you know how it goes.

P.S. Ken, do you have one of those Buffalo Wild Wing pagers that notifies you if someone posts an AB question?? I swear, everytime I have an AB question and don't see your name in the active users list, I get a little sad thinking I'll have to wait to get a response...but then like magic...

I think I understand; you have a BOOL[2048] array and you want to specify an offset and a length, then put up to sixteen bits into an INT or a DINT, starting at zero.

That definitely sounds like a job for an AOI. You could even call it "MIRW" !

After Monday I won't have so much time on my hands... I'm starting a new job and have to learn Denso robots, Siemens CNCs, .NET programming and SQL to start with.

Maybe, in time, the A-B octagon tattoo on my butt will start to fade.

The tat will only fade physically....in spirit it will remain strong lol. Good luck with the new job! I do not envy the CNC part one tiny bit, but knowing you, you'll be the go to expert in no time flat.

I think I understand; you have a BOOL[2048] array and you want to specify an offset and a length, then put up to sixteen bits into an INT or a DINT, starting at zero.

That definitely sounds like a job for an AOI. You could even call it "MIRW" !

After Monday I won't have so much time on my hands... I'm starting a new job and have to learn Denso robots, Siemens CNCs, .NET programming and SQL to start with.

Maybe, in time, the A-B octagon tattoo on my butt will start to fade.
Ken,

you understand that from now on you'll have to answer questions about Denso and Siemens CNC's right?
Judging from the answers we have gotten on here on AB issues, I guess we bypass the Denso & Siemens CNC tech support and post here first!!

Good luck!