TT (timer timing) in CX Programmer

mbruins

newbie here. I have written and worked with a few AB programs in both RS500 and 5k, in a very limited fashion over the last 10 years. I'm a mechanical engineer for a small company and have to wear a few hats, so I do what I can with PLCS.

I am currently working with an older piece of equipment that has an existing Omron CQM1 controller in it. I am in the middle of programming a couple of additions to this machine and I am trying to learn how to use CX programmer (version 4).

From my AB days I was able to create an XIC contact that was true while its associated timer was timing, using the TT argument. I find myself wanting to do the same thing in CX programmer, but it doesn't look like the CX programmer environment allows such a thing.

An AB version of what I am trying to do is attached. Is there an equivalent way to do it in CX?

Thanks for any help in advance!

TT example.jpg

You'll have to "roll your own", Omron doesn't use a Control tag for its timers.
For reference, the T memory is Boolean. (On when the timer is elapsed and off when it is not)

Easiest would be to OR branch around your timer block, and have a -|\|- T000 driving a coil.

You'll have to "roll your own", Omron doesn't use a Control tag for its timers.
For reference, the T memory is Boolean. (On when the timer is elapsed and off when it is not)

Easiest would be to OR branch around your timer block, and have a -|\|- T000 driving a coil.

I re-read my post and felt it may have been a little lacking on detail, so I figured I'd draw something up to try and clarify.

| 0.00 |
|---| |------------------[ TIM 0000 #10 ]---|
| | |
| | T0000 |
| ---|/|----( 20.00 )---|

20.00 would be the equivalent of a .tt

Last edited: