Help connecting Masterdrive and PLC S7-315 via profibus

tglaria

I don't get it.
I belive i'm configuring correctly the PLC to power ON/OFF and control the speed set point of the Masterdrive yet I get an error F082 no matter what I do.

Using Simatic Manager I loaded the 315-2DP PLC, added a profibus network, added the Masterdrive communication board, configured PPO 2 protocol.
On the masterdrive I configured the parameters so it starts from the first word of PZD and the setpoint is changed through the second word.

After programming a little bit the PLC, just power up everything.
The PLC sends the start signal to the MasterDrive, it starts, and I can change the setpoint, but only lasts like 5 seconds, then the drive stops showing F082 an the "SF" light of the PLC starts blinking.

Anyone has been through a similar problem?

Check the diagnostic buffer in the plc. F082 means missing telegram and its sounds like drive noise interfering with Profibus.

drive noise interfering with profibus?

is that posible in a (very) low power drive?

I'll check the diagnostics buffer and post it as soon as I can.

Thanks