Omron CX Programmer Crashes on Help Menu

69FIREBIRD

Hi I have had been running Omron's CX Programmer (ver 6.3) I recently went to use it and check something via the help menu and it crashes out. I got hold of the latest copy of CX Programmer (ver 8.1) thinking it might fix the problem as I suspected a Microsoft update i.e. SP3 but same problem. Interesting thing is that I can open the help files for the start menu or search .chm files and open directly from the search results. Other apps i.e. RSLogix 500 and most of the other Omron CX One package apps access their help menus with no problems. Found something about this in Mr PLC but didn't explain a fix. Any one got any ideas?

Crash screen dump 1:
CXProgrammerErr1.jpg

Crash screen dump 2("error report contains"):
CXProgrammerErr2.jpg

Last edited:
Have you downloaded ALL of the updates using the Auto Update function in CX-One?

I am running version 8.01 of CX-P and just tried the Help/Help Contents menu and it works properly.

Sorry to not be of more assistance.

Yep I'm running 8.01 with all the updates to approx july/august.

Also get this message when I use the [Help>Online Registration] and then it does nothing after that?

CXProgrammerErr3.jpg

I just checked my update files. I always download them.

There is a CXP update dated October 2008 that is about 98 Mbytes.

You might want to check it out.