TI 405 expansion rack flashing

AmazingTrans

Hello gurus!!!

I have a TI405 system here with me, and I am trying to figure out what is going on with it...

The layout of the system is like this.
Rack 2
..--> TI405 Expansion Slot (Powersupply) --> I/O

So, my problem here is when I power this system on. The expansion slot on rack 2, the power supply on LED is flashing constantly with the expansion Slot I/O LEDs. They all flashes at the same frequency.

Anybody, any idea why? I have another system with the same setup, and I have tried swapping the power supply on the expansion slot and it still does the same thing. I've tried removing the power supply out of the rack and power it by itself, still flashes.

Is this normal?

Hope to hear from someone!!!

Thanks!!!

Is there a error code in the cpu?
- Is the power to exp.power ok?
- problem with cable or backplane in rack1?

Bardes,

There is no error code on the PLC. I powered the rack 1 & 2 together, the rack1 is ok, but the rack 2 which is an expansion slot keeps flashing.

I powered just the expansion slot Power supply, it flashes as well..

Stoneman, I'll read the manual. Thanks

It's most likely a bad power supply. Unless I am mistaken there is no condition in which the PLC will flash the power LED. This usually only happens with a damaged power supply.

Depending on the model AutomationDirect.com may have a replacement part.