Rockwell Automation Forum Open

Tim,

I understand how you feel given the amount of time that a moderator has to put into maintaining a professional-looking site. However, I feel that a complaint from JHutch to the suits upstairs will carry more weight than posts from disgruntled rabble.

If Rockwell responds to Mark's post by saying that they can't justify opening up the forum because the quality of the answers might lead some customers to question the need for a support contract (or some rephrasing that conveys the same meaning), then we'll know the real reason they removed/reinstated the forum.

Alan Case said:
I just tried to access the forum.
They are bloody hopeless with their passwords and access.
My support login wont let me access the site. It is not clear if it is the same login or a new regristration is required. I tried to re-register but the system says my email address is already in their database so goodbye.
The whole thing is too hard and not worth anymore of my time.

Regards Alan

I had the same issue, and found that if I entered my techconnect info (email addy) where is says username, it let me back in.

I thought about adding a thread to explain their boo-boo, but by the time I fingered it out, it was miller time, so I said fargit, and decided that I won't likely be a regular lurker on that forum for now...

Last edited:
Perhaps limiting the bulk of the forum to those who have Tech Connect contracts will prevent questions such as "How do you program a traffic light".

Steve Bailey said:
Tim,

I understand how you feel given the amount of time that a moderator has to put into maintaining a professional-looking site. However, I feel that a complaint from JHutch to the suits upstairs will carry more weight than posts from disgruntled rabble.

If Rockwell responds to Mark's post by saying that they can't justify opening up the forum because the quality of the answers might lead some customers to question the need for a support contract (or some rephrasing that conveys the same meaning), then we'll know the real reason they removed/reinstated the forum.
And if they don't acknowledge threads such as Mark's then your actions would be justified since it would appear to be the same old forum ways with a face lift

I think Mark laid it on the line pretty good with his thread....but I think they will respond. It might not be what you want to hear, but I'd put money on them responding

Alan Case said:
I just tried to access the forum.
They are bloody hopeless with their passwords and access.
My support login wont let me access the site. It is not clear if it is the same login or a new regristration is required. I tried to re-register but the system says my email address is already in their database so goodbye.
The whole thing is too hard and not worth anymore of my time.

Regards Alan

I'm right where you are, also. I have three logins for AB/RA..an extranet login, a tech support login, and a software update login. I have all three written down on a piece of paper that I sure hope I don't lose. AB keeps telling me that my username or email is already in use..... DUH!