Step7 V5.2 License

jadeinwa

I am trying to install Siemens Step7 V5.2 Standard version onto my laptop. HOwever, the laptop crashes everytime when I try to transfer the license from A: to the harddisk.....the operating system is Win 98.

Can anybody help?

Personally I dont care if someone has a crack or not. I do care if it is publicized. Most if not all the people here earn (or will earn) their income (or a part thereof) from using plc software.

It is even possible SOME will develop that software.

Here is the DEAL people, you HOPE to EARN money from knowing PLC's and programming.

There are people that EARN an income developing the software you may use in the future. Some (not many) offer the software for free, that is their choice. There are others, like Siemens and AB, that DO NOT offer it free.

Off the top of my head I can think of over 6 major PLC manufacturer's that DO NOT offer free software...WHY?

That should be simple, would you spend hours writing code for FREE?

I am not going to debate pricing and fairness, I will argue that if you use to earn money then its proper to pay for the TOOL to do so.

You would buy and use a screwdriver to turn a screw, buy and use a wrench to turn a bolt, buy and use a meter to test voltage,,,,the list goes on. Buy the software needed to do what is needed.

I have no solution for WHY S7 would crash a win98 system on install..may be prudent to talk to Siemens. I would MAKE SURE no programs are running on install...even in background. I would scandisk and defrag prior to the install. IF there is another version on the system verify the software does not detect it OR remove it,

jadeinwa,
that your laptop crashes the moment that the transfer from the A-drive starts, might indicate that there is an issue between the particular floppy drive and the special low-level type of access that AuthorsW need in order to read/write to a specially formatted sector on the floppy.
Alternatives: USB-floppy, or transfer the license to a network drive (with another computer) - and then to your laptop from the network drive.

senenayin,
I notice that you offer bootleg software in other threads on this forum. Please dont do that any more !

senenayin, when the software sheriff comes to visit, there will be a lot of happy guys on this forum. I think you might want to drop Phil an email and ask him to remove your message.

jadeinwa, check the installation requirements. I don't think Win98 is supported anymore, Win98SE is. If you have the "write protection" tab on, you need it OFF. I don't think USB floppies are supported.

Re USB floppies for transfer of authorisation:

I remember once using a USB floppy, but I do not remember if it was for the transfer of a Siemens or for an AB license.
It is worth a try.

...I think there was something wrong with my system :

I tried to use the Step V5.2 without the license and I found that I could not actually save the blocks edited.

...I ended up replacing the V5.2 with V5.1 and V5.1 is working without any problem.

Thanks everybody for your help

Jadeinwa

Please note it is very easy to tranfer the license Authorisation over most media's including typing in the valid code. So if you install the software on for example your desktop you can then transfer either by Floppy (Your current problem) or thru network or by manually typing.

I use V5.2 with a Win'98 laptop & Win XP Desktop.

If you look at the help files it describes such a thing. I personnally transfer mine manually because I generally write my initial code on my desktop, then transfer my code and authorisation onto my laptop, no problem !!

hope this helps,

Further to my last post,,,,,,,,

With AuthorsW, you can transfer authorizations from one computer (source computer) to another computer (target computer). For this you do not require a diskette as the transfer medium, nor do the computers have to be linked on a network.
Neither source nor target drive may be a diskette drive.

To do this, perform the following steps:

1. Start AuthorsW on the target computer.

2. Choose "Authorization ® Offline Transfer... ® Receive Authorization(s)" and press Next >.

3. Select those software packages on the target computer whose authorization(s) you wish to apply (enabling of the software package).

4. Using AuthorsW, determine the authorization keys that correspond to these software packages by pressing Next >.

5. Before you can continue, you must select a transfer list in order to save the authorization keys. Press Save... and select the location and the file name. Confirm with Next >. See also.

6. Change to the source computer and start AuthorsW on it.

7. Select on the source computer the software packages whose authorization(s) you wish to send.

8. Choose "Authorization ® Offline Transfer... ® Send Authorization(s)" and press Next >.

9. Select whether you want to manually enter the authorization keys determined on the target computer, or read-in the transfer list saved on the target computer to be processed by AuthorsW. See also

10. If the list is to be edited manually, select the authorization key to be edited, and enter the authorization key calculated by the target computer. Acknowledge your entry with Next >.
If the list is to be processed automatically, click Read-in... and select the path and the file which you have saved on the target computer and acknowledge with Next >. See also

11. Before you continue you have to select a transfer list in which the enable codes determined will be entered. Click on Save... and select the storage location and file name. Acknowledge with Next >. The authorizations will now be removed from your computer and the enable codes determined See also

12. Change to the target computer.

13. If the "Receive Authorization(s) Wizard" is still open, you can enter the enable codes determined directly from the source computer, or have the enable codes read-in by the wizard.
If the Wizard is no longer open, select "Authorization ® Offline Transfer...® Enable Authorization(s)" and click Next >. Open the authorization key list you have saved with Read-in....

14. If the list is to be edited manually, select the enable code to be edited and enter the enable code from the source computer.
Acknowledge your entry with Next >.
If the list is to be processed automatically, click Read-in... and select the path and the file which you have saved on the source computer and acknowledge with Next >. Your authorization will now be generated on the target computer. See also