RSLinx & Wonderware Historian

dsarvela

We are trying to install Wonderware Historian 10.0 and get it to collect data through DDE on RSLinx Gateway 2.57 In Historian on the Data Aquisition screen it shows that the RSLinx topics are disconnected. What is odd is that RSLinx is communicating fine with InTouch.

Historian seems to be configured correctly since it is collecting data from CTI PLCs using Kepserver.

Any ideas why Intouch would work, but Historian does not?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Was this configuration working in your previous install of Historian or is this your first Historian install and the first time you are trying to collect data through RSLinx?

You might need to try using Wonderware's FSGateway which can talk DDE and OPC. You would setup FSGateway to talk to RSLinx, and then Historian will talk to FSGateway.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

This is a new installation of Wonderware Intouch and Historian.

What I found today is that if I set RSLinx as a service I can get Historian to work, but then it stops working for InTouch. Then I stop the service and run RSLinx as a program and then InTouch works and Historian stops.

Any ideas?

This is a new installation of Wonderware Intouch and Historian.

What I found today is that if I set RSLinx as a service I can get Historian to work, but then it stops working for InTouch. Then I stop the service and run RSLinx as a program and then InTouch works and Historian stops.

Any ideas?

What kind of license is RSLinx? OEM, Gateway, Pro, Single Node (not sure of the name)?
When you open Linx it will say at the top. I believe Single Node will limit it to one connection (someone verify this)??? But it has to be one of these to do OPC or DDE.

What PLC are you trying to connect to?

We have AB ControlLogix connectivity through DASABCIP,
and PLC5 (ethernet) connectivity through DASABTCP.

We do have a few DH+ only nodes, but we communicate through a ControlLogix chassis to these, and are connected via the DASABCIP IO Server.

I should have mentioned, RSLinx is Gateway 2.59 (latest version) and I have it set to 5 connections.
The PLCs are a mix of CompactLogix, SLC 503s and MicroLogix.
I think we are going to need to go through the DA server to both Historian and InTouch. It just seems like an odd mystery.