Crimson 3.0 - Automatic Login?

Casby

New user and 6 months into Crimson 3.0. Reading through the forums here has been extremely helpful and I can't thank you all enough for the valuable info on this site.

I've been working on a Crimson 3.0 project for the last few months with multiple users setup in security (restricts page access). I have 4- G12 panels and am using Modbus TCP to share tag data between them. From an operators perspective all 4 panels/programs look identical and respond to input from any of the 4 panels. Behind the scenes there is 1 master and 3 slaves (slaves are identical .cd3 files with unique IP's). These panels are in a remote facility and I have been uploading program revisions via TCP while not on site. I have supervisors setup to view the live panels from the webserver and I have disabled remote control to prevent accidental button presses.

All users have maintenance access so they are not logged of automatically. I also created a program to automatically return "home" after any page times out. The actual "Home" page is based on the current users security level. Communications and security are working good (All thanks to Crimson!).

Now to the QUESTION:
I would like to login a user automatically so I can display the proper "home" page when the units are powered up/and or after a program update . Is it possible to logon a user using a program or custom code?

Unless I'm missing something, I cannot see anything in the Security window that allows a user to be logged on by default, nor any function that you can call during the start-up that will log on an specific user automatically.

Their are the functions UserLogOn() and UserLogOff() which I have tied to buttons in the past. I'm not sure if you can write a custom program using the UserLogOn() .

But if you want the home page to displayed after power up does it matter about the user being logged on? If powering on/off would log a user on the system doesn't seem very secure to me.

Can you remove the home page from the user restrictions then the user would log on when on the home page.

Thanks for the replies!

I've attempted custom code with the UserLogOn/Off function but have been unable to get anything inside the () to be acceptable and according to the manual these functions are only to call up the login screen and log off the current user.

The way I've configured security now allows access to pages of the program that are relative to the location of the panel inside the facility (Line 1 / Line 2 / etc) based upon Login, and I want the panels to remain logged in with the "local" user name unless a supervisor/manager logs in which enables viewing of all lines. I'm not so much concerned with the security of the local user login, only with the local panel being able to view pages of another line.

This can be accomplished by your suggestion of removing the restriction from the home page and using a GoToPage() on powerup (which will likely be the solution if I am unable to login Automatically). The down side to this solution is that each panel will have unique security programming & gotopages rather than a single item changed on a custom program which is easier to keep track of and modify in the future. Soon there will be 10 panels on this system and I'd like to keep the program changes between panels to a minimum.

Ah ha, I understand.

Could you create a custom script using a switch case (case 1 for line 1, case 2 for line 2 etc) and put generic parameters in there. But then in a "settings page" on your HMI create a retentive tag which allows you to select which line you are using?

i.e.

switch (settings.lineSelector)
{
Case 1: GoToPage(line1);
Case 2: GoToPage(line2);
}

So rather than which screen is shown on startup being controlled by security it would be controlled by the tag on your settings page.

It might be a bit basic but as you say it would remove the need to have differed databases for each HMI. It all depends I suppose on how your pages are setup but might be an option.

I think with a little tweak of my current security setup this will work great. Just received confirmation from RL that it isn't currently possible to login users without keying in Username & Password.
I appreciate your time and help !🍻