Buyers for used PLC components

talldude42

Does anyone have leads on places that will buy used functioning PLC components? Specifically Square D Sy/Max model 50 programmable controllers, input&output cards and the Schnieder Electric Modicon Premium racks, input&output cards, along with Magelious HMIs?

Dont have an inventory of everything yet but our repair service company for these items was not interested in purchasing them. Any ideas would be great!

we use santa clara systems.
as already stated, they buy cheap and sell big.
a friend a long time ago sold a plc2, 16slot rack, and all the io cards for $2,500. the company he worked for didn't want the material. 3 days later they got a big po and bought the same items for $10k

James

we use santa clara systems.
as already stated, they buy cheap and sell big.
a friend a long time ago sold a plc2, 16slot rack, and all the io cards for $2,500. the company he worked for didn't want the material. 3 days later they got a big po and bought the same items for $10k

James

That had to have hurt!

I inquired with Radwell before on some factory sealed A-B hardware I had that was just beyond the 90 day return policy of our A-B rep. As stated above, yes, I was offended by the offer. I actually had a chat with the guy... He was a....

Last edited:
Sell them on E-Bay.

Radwell was buying some of there used items on E-Bay........

I have a ton of stuff I would like to get rid of. Maybe Ebay? I've done that before, but you have an automatic tax nightmare...

I was thinking a while back... And, it may not be the best thought I've ever had... but, just load it all up on a truck, send it to Mark, and let him figure it out. Oh, that wouldn't be kind at all. LOL

Actually, I am doing some side work now and can probably use up some stuff...

I have a ton of stuff I would like to get rid of. Maybe Ebay? I've done that before, but you have an automatic tax nightmare...

I was thinking a while back... And, it may not be the best thought I've ever had... but, just load it all up on a truck, send it to Mark, and let him figure it out. Oh, that wouldn't be kind at all. LOL

Actually, I am doing some side work now and can probably use up some stuff...

Might add a section to your webpage of "Stuff for Sale"?

Might add a section to your webpage of "Stuff for Sale"?

I don't have a webpage, but I did find a place not too far from here that deals in new and used automation/control stuff, as well as motors, pumps and other stuff. It could just be a one lump sum payment for everything, or consignment deal.

Either way, I would like to get rid of this.

We sell on eBay alot of the cr@p we strip out when doing upgrades.

It's a nice little slush fund sitting in Paypal for when we need to buy some old cr@p for a customer that is too tight to replace his old **** with new.

I think its a great thought and I will pay for the gas :)

We buy a lot (and sell) but we are still trying to get moved into our new building so buying less these days, I did receive a list from one person (company) that was getting rid of some old surplus and they told me Radwell's number and I was dirt cheap compared to theirs... that said I have had two people tell me they (Radwell) gave them a number but changed the number once they received products, thats a dirty game if thats what they are playing.

You would make the most money selling on ebay yourself to another consumer, not a re-seller.

As long as you don't mind storing it for a while.....waiting for a buyer. I am assuming warehousing isn't his gig, that's why he wants them out of there. Wait for Mark to get moved into his new facility, then send him your list. :confused:

It doesnt take up much room. Just sitting around in totes and I know we will never use it again and I dont want to see it thrown in with the electrical recycling.
especially when we would pay $900 on a remanned controller