Rslogix500 relating to Rslogix5000

that's a good WAG but that's an answer i can't give you sorry, i thought since the signal is VIA radio modem it wasn't DH+ but i am probably wrong. Could you elaborate a little please.

DH+ uses a global status word that is occasionally used by a programmer when just a few bits are needed to interlock processes.
FROM RS500 HELP
The status file lets you monitor how your operating system works and lets you direct how you want it to work. This functionality is only available in the SLC 5/04 (OS401) controller.
Fields on this display that are in gray are read-only. Fields shown in white are read/write. However, this information is seldom written to by the user program or programming device (unless you want to reset or clear a function). If you write to status file data, make sure that you first understand the function fully.
If you want to know how to access this display, click here.
This information appears on the Global Data tab with the Structured Radix selected.
What's on the Dialog?
Global Status Word S:99
This is the word reserved to hold the SLC 5/04 (OS401) controller's global status data that is to be transmitted with each DH+ token pass packet over channel 1.
Transmit Control Bit S:34/3
When this bit is set (1), the controller transmits the global status word with every token pass. When this bit is clear (0), the controller passes the token without the global status word. The default state of this bit is 0.
Receive Control Bit S:34/4
When this bit is set (1), the controller places the global status word that it receives from other nodes on the DH+ network into the Global Status word (S:100 through S:163). When this bit is cleared (0), the controller ignores the global status word that it receives from other nodes on the DH+ network. The default state of this bit is 0.
S:100 to S:163 Node
These words comprise the System Status file. This file size is consistent with the number of nodes on the DH+ network and contains the global status words received by these nodes. When received, each DH+ node's global status word is placed in this file and indexed to its node number.
You can use the Global Status File to send a high-speed broadcast to all processors on a network in one token rotation. Using an MSG instruction would require as many MSG instructions and token rotations as there are processors on the network. This is useful for such activities as sending start/stop signals, synchronizing processors, and synchronizing clocks.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

Are the radio modems connected to the serial port(s) of the processors? If so, then ignore my WAG.

Is it possible for you to post copies of the Logix5000 and SLC programs? I've seen some wild methods of sharing data in networks in our plant, so I've gotten pretty good at tracking down these obscure methods, although my controllogix experience is very limited.

Last edited:
I will ask if i can post the programs make it easier for you guys cause i'm finding it hard to explain and it makes it harder on you guys to try to help me. I belive the radio modem's connected by ethernet to the processors but i'm not 100% sure of that.

o_O