LogixDesigner v27 (mini edition) - Export Tags issue

tonyflrb

Hi All,

I have an issue with LogixDesigner v27 running on Win10, with Compatibility to Win XP SP3. Since that was the only way I had to run it. It's a fresh install, 1 week ago and nothing else installed.

I have a project where I need to use a Kollmorgen servo (AKD drive), but while trying to export the tags from the sample program to the program I started. Seems like the Export tags function is not working, since it does nothing.

I cannot export from either way (Sample program to my program, and viceversa).

Is this normal or maybe something wrong with the software install?

Thanks

logix27export_issue.jpg

Unfortunately, Studio 5000 Logix Designer V27 is not compatible with a Win XP SP3 Operating System.

It is compatible, however, with:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
Windows Server 2012 Standard
Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit
Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)
Windows 8 Professional 64-Bit
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit

Win10 support is 'grayed out' on RA's https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductSelector.aspx?crumb=111.
That means it might work or might not.

Since you are trying the 'XP Compatible Mode' it probably does not want to install in your particular Win10 environment.

Try creating a VM running one of the above listed compatible OSs.

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html

Obviously, in order to create a compatible Host machine, you will also need a compatible OS ISO image and a license to go with it.

Thank you dmargineau for your reply. I will take a look at a VM.

I will try anyway to convince the customer to migrate to the latest version 31 of Studio 5000, since we have the licence and also look to the future.

Regards