Omron G9SP Safety Programming

automator59

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am at a client location where they have the G9SP-N20S on numerous pieces of equipment on a line. I need to make a small addition to the safety and have downloaded the Omron configurator. When I go to install, I am asked for a serial number, which I don't have. Contacting Omron, the license is on the CD that comes with the controller. but the client doesn't have any of the CDs. Their alternative is to order a replacement CD, which is a 5 day lead time. I am out of here in two days, up against a hard stop, and need the valid number today. Does anyone have contacts that can expedite this?

Check with the local Omron distributor.
They may be able to help you out.

The software is not free with the controller.
Omron did run a promotion for a while where you could get a license number when you purchased the controller.

Hope this helps.