Factorytalk diagnostics entrys missing in SQL

crawler009

Hi guys

on my development VM i have a wired problem. I've set the factorytalk diagnostics to a local file, and also to a SQL Database throught ODBC.
This is the way we always do it.
Now i have the problem, in the SQL database there are only a few diagnostic items. In the local file diagnostics there is everything.
There is no ODBC/SQL error or warning in the diagnostic list.

Does anyone of you experienced something similar? What could be the problem (apart from Rockwell creating the software, and me using it)?

I tried to remove the ODBC data source, change to a different one, point to a new table, restartet x times, but still the same. :mad:
btw, FTV SE 10 SR 10, Win10 x64

Best regards
crawler009

Last edited:
Do they go to SQL normally?
Most FT Diagnostic messages I see get dumped to the registry.
(And LIMIT the maximum size of the FT event log if it isn't).

Are the options configured similarly? In the diagnostics setup there is one ole to define the connection and another for the logging options. I cannot recall how it is spelled in the diagnostics setup tree, but when selected it lists the various logging locations and options boxes for each one.

As Art mentioned, you need to configure what goes to the ODBC Database.

Additionally, You cannot send 'audit' level messages there.

mressage.png

Hi guys,

yes, everything is configured like it should be. And yes, normaly everything (except Audit messages, since FTV9 :mad:) goes into the SQL database.

If a put the proyect on a different VM, it works. So, for me its not a problem to delete the development VM and restore a backup.
But i would like to know why it suddenly stopped working. Because if this happens at a customers pc, i would like to know how to fix the problem, rather then fly to to the customer and restore the complete PC, and settings, and logs, and reports, and i dont know what.

Hi guys,

yes, everything is configured like it should be. And yes, normaly everything (except Audit messages, since FTV9 :mad:) goes into the SQL database.

If a put the proyect on a different VM, it works. So, for me its not a problem to delete the development VM and restore a backup.
But i would like to know why it suddenly stopped working. Because if this happens at a customers pc, i would like to know how to fix the problem, rather then fly to to the customer and restore the complete PC, and settings, and logs, and reports, and i dont know what.

Hi crawler009,
Did you ever figure out the issue with this? I am having the same issue with one of my production machines.

cheers,
Baggy