Wonderware InTouch

zacslade

Hi All,

I have a Wonderware InTouch 11 application with a window which automatically opens under certain conditions. I have a theoretical understanding of what those conditions are, and I've manually hunted through the quick-functions and tag-change functions to find the call to open that window, but I can't find it.

I know that under the "special" dropdown menu there is a "cross-reference" function which allows me to search for tag-names and quickfunctions, but I don't see a way to just search for strings like "open" or "open ___". Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Regrettable you can only search tagnames in the cross reference
You can send me the app and I can see what I can find. Zip it up with any ?.*bk (backup) files.
A lot of times there may not even be a window with a tag, just the a status or info window.
Are you sure there is a tag in the window?

In Intouch 2017 (v17.0) the cross reference actually shows you the window containing the tag, but you cannot select the Window only the tag.

The window could be called through a standard script (Application, Key, Condition, or Data Change), or even a window or button script.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the offer Nathan, I think I found it.

What I ended up doing was I configured Windows Search (this is Windows 10) to search the contents of all files in the WW project folder. Then I did a windows search in the project folder for the string I wanted. I found it in a text file called "TEXT", which seems to have plain text readings for all my functions, including button presses. I'm not sure if it's typical for Wonderware applications to have that file, but that's where it was anyway. Using that, I was able to track down the right scripting call.

Thanks again

Glad you got it
I have run a (*.txt or *.csv) setup file that loads some parameters to Intouch and I read the text or csv file on startup for tag information.

Also.....ww.wdws.ndx file has what windows are assigned to what window file numbers. You can open with notepad and remove windows but I have not tried any other editing.