Beijer Cimrex 30 HMI upload

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi. I need to get an upload from a Cimrex 30 HMI. According to a label on the back, it's made by Beijer. See attached photos.

It's successfully communicating with an Omron CQM1H-CPU21 via its RS232 port. Can someone help me by telling me which cable and software I need, please?

IMG_20190306_151412.jpg IMG_20190306_151436.jpg

Your best bet will be to contact Beijer tech support.
The Cimrex line was discontinued quite some time ago.

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | 801-466-8770 | 1865 West 2100 South | Salt Lake City, Utah 84119 | USA

CAB5 to talk to the HMI, you can find the pinout by web searching for:
'E-series cable guide 2006'
The first result was a link to Mitsubishi website that had a pdf with all the Beijer cables, too big to post here.

The software will be either CIMREX PROG or Information Designer. After registering on this Beijer web page it says it will allow you to download Information Designer.
http://beijerinc.com/product/information-designer/

Probably obvious but the error you have on screen is because the HMI can't talk to the PLC. Check the cable and make sure the PLC is running.

Thanks both, that's very helpful. I've contacted Beijer and am waiting for them to reply - I've had an automated reply but hopefully BryanG's info will get me where I need to be :)

The version of Information Designer that they offer for download is a demo without the transfer function. However, I managed to find Cimrex Prog available for download on the Kollmorgen website.

I installed it in my Windows XP 32-bit VM and together with an Allen-Bradley 2711-NC13 cable and my USB serial adapter, I was able to get an upload.

Also, Beijer were very helpful. After I'd already got the upload, they replied with a link to download the software, the cable pinout and a phone number in case of problems - can't ask for much more than that.