RS LOGIX 5000 Installation Issue

RockyNivas

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install RS Logix 5000 in my PC which is having Windows 10 and I am keep on getting a pop up which is not allowing me to install saying "To assist diagnosing the issue setup has generated the following log files. Please note paths and filenames, as technical support will ask that you email the files"

Kindly help me to find what is going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I really can't help as I don't run OS 10 but what version of 5000 are you trying to install? There maybe a compatibility issue there.

I have to run RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 as Administrator to get them to start without a cryptic error. I think I recall running the setup program for at least one version as administrator to get past errors too.

I have RS5K v20.04 installed on 2 Win10Pro desktops and a Win10Home laptop. I have not had any issue.

But - you have to do as OkiePC says and run the installation as administrator. Then set the programs compatibility to run as administrator also so it can access the folders on the hard drive.

I tried to install RS5k v20.05 yesterday after installing Studio5K v32 and it would not work. Visual studio 2015 redistributable would not install because a newer one was already installed.

We’ve had to install the versions in order, that is v20, v24, v28 etc. If they were installed out of sequence, uninstalling the newer versions, and their related applications (FTSP,RSLINX, etc) will sometimes help. Sometimes copying the install folder locally helps. Also, as mentioned, right-click and install as administrator.

I tried to install RS5k v20.05 yesterday after installing Studio5K v32 and it would not work. Visual studio 2015 redistributable would not install because a newer one was already installed.

What I do when that happens is first find out exactly what versions of Visual Studio it is that I have installed. Uninstall them. Then I proceed to install the older version (your case 2015) and then reinstall the newer version. And everything works fine after that.

I just get them from Microsoft website. All you have to do is google them and the first results will usually be the download page.

As for Visual Studio, Microsoft released yesterday Visual Studio 2019 [Preview edition]

You have to go to this MS link, as searching for it will only turn up VS2017