RS Emulate 5, VM to VM?

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Okay, I know Emulate 5 only runs on XP, not Win-7.
Here is my question. If I install Emulate 5 on a WinXP Virutal Machine, and have FactoryTalk View SE on a Win7 virtual machine, (both on the same physical host). I know I can ping the IP address, but is there anyway to get SE to see the virtual PLC5 on the XP machine?

I think I did something like this ~ 10 years ago to setup a test environment for an RSView 32 application. I feel like all I had to do was setup the OPC Topic on the machine and point it to the emulator. Then I could configure it as a remote RS Linx gateway for RSView32. I do recall having to jump through some hoops, maybe because it didn't browse the remote gateway properly?