Micrologix1400 change values from LCD screen

harleymc100

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here.
I have an acid dosing pump that doses within the pH range of 0-14.
I need to dose to 1 decimal place, ie on at 7.4, off at 6.8.
I initially used a float in the plc which was fine but i want to be able to alter the values from the LCD screen.

I understand that F values can not be altered from the screen but the double word L values can.
Problem is i cant seem to input decimal points into the value.
Any tips for me?

Cheers

PLC image.jpg

You could divide the L9 values by 10 and put that into a float. So if you enter 74 in the LCD and you divide by 10, your float value would be 7.4
Edit: BTW I hate using the LCD screen for entering values. If it is something you do often I would buy a cheap HMI and install that. A 4" Red Lion CR1000 is under $400 in the US.

Hi Bullzi.
Thats a great easy way of doing it thanks.
Yeah we normal put a Weintek on for our customers but this is a stand alone fully automated plant, so not much operator intervention needed.
Its also in Melbourne and were in Sydney so if they want to change their pH setpoints they can do it without our help.