Kepware kepserver fail to start error

Sydneyguy

Hi All
Long time reader first time poster.
I have developed a kepware kepserver project for an Allen Bradley 6 Panelview - Omron PLC via serial. Its worked great for about 6 months now. I've made mods and so forth without any hitch, but now all of a sudden when I open the configuration client it fails to start the server. Flicking through the manual and the help files this error doesn't even exist?
I've tried re-initialising. Rebooting, using old backups, creating new run times but no luck. Has anyone seen this one before?
Cheers
Dave

kepware faults.png

Hi All
So I have solved it. I had started to back track and deduced the only modification to my PC between the last time Kepserver was operational and now was I had installed AB softlogix on my PC for testing of a project. Which in all honesty was horrendous, was impossible to uninstall and bugged up a few of my other programs. I uninstalled Kepserver and reinstalled and the problem was cleared. To make sure that it was AB softlogix casing the issue, I reinstalled it onto my machine and 5 minutes later kepserver was unable to start the server..
It's a shame softlogix is so unreliable, because it could be a powerful beast of a thing if it was fine tuned and stable..

Anyways let that be a lesson to rookie players such as myself,
take care
Dave

Hi, We use Softlogix all of the time to test with. I am curious as to the version that is being used. We also made changes to the driver years ago to allow us to connect to a local instance of softlogix. Not being able to connect the configuration client to the server is typically a timing or resource problem. What it sounds like is happening with this is that Softlogix is spiking the CPU that the Config client has no resources available to process its connection.

G'day Fred.
The thing is that I had this issue even when I uninstalled Softlogix and deleted it. I did notice Softlogix was a CPU hog when running. But uninstalled it all went back to normal.
Looking back I was using version 21.
Cheers