GE RX3i ProfiNet Scanner IC695PNS001

mbartoli

We are in the early phases of converting our aging (!) 9070 and Genius block system to, as recommended by GE, an RX3i, using Profinet communications to remote rx3i I/O racks. I have the redundant IC695CRU320 configuration built up in ME 7.5 SIM 4, inclluding IC695RMX128 Redundancy Memory Xchange modules and all was going well. I started on the remote I/O racks, and found no traces of a Profinet-connected remote rack, and no references to the IC695PNS001 Profinet Scanners that GE recommended for each remote rack. I am hearing through the non-GE grapevine that the IC695PNS001 is not scheduled to hit the shelves until Q4 2013, and that they will be supported in ME 7.6, due out for imminent (?) release.
confused.gif

Anyone shed any light on this? I am beginning to feel like I am being led down the same path as a few years ago when GE told me to replace another 9070, with Genius bus-connected I/O, with an RX7i, only to be told recently, when I went to start ordering RX7i I/O to replace the 9070 cards, that it was unavailable.
eek.gif

TIA