UL Listed Solid State Relay

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone recommend a UL listed (not just Recognized) Solid State Relay?

Input (control voltage) = 24VDC
Output (Load Voltage) = 240VAc single phase 6AMP max.

I am having a hard time locating a UL listed SSR. About 99% of them are UL recognized. This SSR is going to go on a control panel that will be submitted to UL for 508 approval. I am told a UL recognized SSR can be used as long as we provide supporting documentation stating that it is being used for it is intended purposes.

APPLICATION: Heater on/off control - 240VAC 6Amp

This SSR will be used along with a Contactor where the contactor is energized first and then the SSR is cycled on/off to control temperature. Both the Contactor and SSR will be sized to handle at the minimum 2x AMP requirement of the heater. Contactor being used is UL listed. SSR for the moment, is US recognized. Does any one have any insight as to how one goes about presenting their case to UL that one is utilizing the SSR for one of its intended applications? Any insight/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Does any one have any insight as to how one goes about presenting their case to UL that one is utilizing the SSR for one of its intended applications? Any insight/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

When I worked for UL 508A shop all I provided on my BOM was a column for manufacturer/certificates and approvals (copy and pasted from the tech dock like "UL file # E344125, CE, RoHS") and I also listed the torque specs from the tech docs for the guys in the shop.

Only one job actually went through the big dollar certification process, if you have a good relationship with your UL guy I believe this is typically pretty painless they will let you know if anything isn't kosher and you correct it.

Originally posted by skyfox:

Does any one have any insight as to how one goes about presenting their case to UL that one is utilizing the SSR for one of its intended applications?

I think that may be as simple as a schematic showing the relay connected to its heater load and official information on the heaters. But I may be wrong.

Keith

Last edited: