using studio5000 v20 or lower with v32 activation

Thank you guys for the information. I installed V31 today, I have most major revisions from 15-31 all working now. I just had to re-host and re-activate my license as V26.

I have a single license that came with ver23, Full edition.

I have it on a HASP Dongle2. not on a specific computer.

I do run from ver 16 to ver 32 on the single dongle without any problem, on Windows 7 & 10 desktops and laptops. I have read here that ver 32 would require a second license, but the one I have works fine on all ver's I have installed.

OK

After reading this thread I think my questions is answered....

If I understand correctly if my company bought a v32 license it is backward compatible to all other versions for our equipment. I just started with this company and from what I have found out there are around 5 different versions used and I wanted to make sure this one license would take care of everything we needed.

If I'm mistaken please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Backwards compatibility

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have this same situation.
We just got Studio 5000 v32 and I need to connect to a v30 and open a v27 file.
I am new to Studio 5000 and still going through some online courses.
But how can I activate v27 and v30 using my v32 license?
Any assistance is appreciated.

Your activation should be valid for all three of those versions. BUT you will have to download and install all those versions. You should be able to register with rockwell automation and enter your license info on the compatibility and downloads site in order to access the downloadable versions of Studio 5k that you need. Be prepared for multiple gigabyte downloads...

From this page, click on the link labeled "Software Downloads by Serial Number"

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/home.aspx

Thanks for the quick response and clarification that I should be able to download older versions OKiePC.
I had been trying that since lunch time and kept getting this screen from Rockwells site. (below)
I was thinking it may have been because of my activation being for a higher version.
I guess I will try again tomorrow

Download error.PNG

Thanks for the quick response and clarification that I should be able to download older versions OKiePC.
I had been trying that since lunch time and kept getting this screen from Rockwells site. (below)
I was thinking it may have been because of my activation being for a higher version.
I guess I will try again tomorrow

Those look like links provided by Rockwell to download purchased software. Skip that, go to the download center, find the software and download it there rather than those provided links.

FYI, it might be that some downloads are down at the moment. There is another thread about this.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have this same situation.
We just got Studio 5000 v32 and I need to connect to a v30 and open a v27 file.
I am new to Studio 5000 and still going through some online courses.
But how can I activate v27 and v30 using my v32 license?
Any assistance is appreciated.

I was told by tech support that when you want the license to work for all versions you have to pick 26.1 for the license download.

After doing that my key works for all versions we are currently using 14,19,20 & 32.

Just wanted to update for future viewers that may have the same issue.
Once Rockwells download site corrected itself, I was able to download v27 and v30.
These installed OK, although I did get a few errors:
- Both installs gave me the attached failure report
- v30 said it couldn't open without updated v10 Flash, but it did, and hasn't had a problem opening since.

That said both version appear to be working OK with my activation for v32

Thanks for the responses and help.

Installation Error.PNG

One more update for future readers with the same problem.
I had a need to install RSLogix5000 ver 17 for an older machine.
Software was installed but when I opened it, it said it wasn't activated.
After talking to Rockwell Activation Tech, you have to re-host your serial number and product key to ver 26.01. This version allows newer and older activation to work.

Sorry to bring this back up, just wanted to add my own recent experience with this. I forgot to deselect enable automatic renewals in FTAM. At some point recently, not exactly sure when, a large number of my licenses were renewed to the latest versions. Logix5000 was renewed to Version 34, and I lost the ability to license all of my old versions on my XP VM. It is still running FTAM 3.62.11, I believe the last version compatible with XP. My Win 10 VM seemed to be fine. After reshosting the Logix5000 license back to v26, I was able to use the license on my XP VM again.

The licenses are all bound to my host, and it has version 32 installed on it. At this point version 10.07 to version 32.00.00 don't seem to have any more problems. I am still working on my View Studio licenses. They were renewed to version 13 from version 12, and I lost that license on my XP VM as well.