Schneider Electric M340/NOE0100 with RedLion E3-16ISOTC

Yeah,
you right pretty painful exercise.

Please find att. read_var_Rev3 and 4. I did a couple of times start and stop the read_var. I think it happen accidently that the same roling number get captured.
I tried the different ADDM format but again without luck.
I have a Meeting next week with RedLion support, not sure if we have to setup anything special at the E3 Module before it will communicate with M340 / NOE0100.

Kind regards,
Frank

Trye address '0.2.0{device_ip}TCP.MBS' for addm block
After that try '0.2.0{device_ip}1'

Also you should have gest paramter1.bit0 ( CAT_1_GEST[1].0 ) bit with inverted and on series to enable.
Otherwise your communication block is ssending another query, even that previous message reply haven't arrived.

Also it is goog to launch communications only with R_trig, so only one message is sended to device.

CAT_1_GEST[3] is timeout value, you should put something there as Saffa mentioned. (5 to 10 (0,5-1s) is more than enought for Ethernet.

Last edited:
Hi Saffa, I think by asking this :
Can you show me a screenshot of how your PLC rack is laid out, showing processor, NOE etc? Your ADDM addressing suggests a processor, another card and then the NOE if it's 0.2.0

You refer to Pic read_var_Rev4 on the left hand side you can see the setup. If not just let me know. I will follow your suggestion and will try Modscan first.

kind regards, Frank

Hi Frank,

Whoops, didn't see that left hand side (was reading on my small phone screen last night!).

If the second NOE card is the one on the same subnet as the red Lion then yes, your ADDM address appears correct if using 0.2.0

I'm not sure if we need to specify the Unit ID somehow (1 in your modscan screenshot), I'll have to read some more on ADDM tonight or look at some other projects of mine.

Hi Saffa, I think by asking this :
Can you show me a screenshot of how your PLC rack is laid out, showing processor, NOE etc? Your ADDM addressing suggests a processor, another card and then the NOE if it's 0.2.0

You refer to Pic read_var_Rev4 on the left hand side you can see the setup. If not just let me know. I will follow your suggestion and will try Modscan first.

kind regards, Frank

Hi Frank,

Whoops, didn't see that left hand side (was reading on my small phone screen last night!).

If the second NOE card is the one on the same subnet as the red Lion then yes, your ADDM address appears correct if using 0.2.0

I'm not sure if we need to specify the Unit ID somehow (1 in your modscan screenshot), I'll have to read some more on ADDM tonight or look at some other projects of mine.

Hi Lare and Saffa,
I did try the suggestions. The GEST 2 Parameter is now 0 which should be good, but still no data. Hopefully I realized the suggested Bit0 of Parameter 1 correct. Please correct me if I`m wrong.

Kind regards
Frank

read_var_Rev5.JPG

Hi Lare and Saffa,
I did try the suggestions. The GEST 2 Parameter is now 0 which should be good, but still no data. Hopefully I realized the suggested Bit0 of Parameter 1 correct. Please correct me if I`m wrong.

Kind regards
Frank

It's get jammed, as you have timeout value = 0.
If message goes to error, it won't never send new message.

Try this.

AS timeout value is 5 (500ms) (gest 3rf paramter, message should intrrupted after 500ms.

As there is 1 second blinker and gest paramters are initialized before new message send, this should send new message after 1s, even if previous message isn't timeouted.

For several messages you need seencers thought (counter is one alternative for sequencing messages)

CE_com.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Lare,
I did now change the setup. Please see pic Rev6 and Rev7 ( just animated).

Unforntally no data receiving.
CAT_1_GEST[1] is counting up in interval
CAT_1_GEST[2] is still 7 and I have no idea why

Kind regards,
Frank

read_var_Rev6.JPG read_var_Rev7.JPG

error 7:

16#07 Addressing error

Either you have wrongly configured input on ADDM or wrong ' syntax on addressing.

You have blackened your IP, can you post picure of ADDM input or whole Control expert program on sta format.

Thinked more.

I assume that your PLC IP is 10.0.0.1 and redlion is 10.0.0.4 as on page 1 pictures shows.

If you point from PLC to '0.2.0{10.0.0.4}TCP.MBS' is error code still 7.

And if you send messsage to '0.2.0{10.0.0.1}TCP.MBS' (To your PLC itself), at least then you should see value of %MW1 from plc's own data. (it is maybe needeed to change IW to MW for this test.)

Thinking that on TCP you can point read_var even to own PLC for testing.)

If you still get error 7, then it is surely something on addm-input side.

p.s You have negation on start_read_var, that was typo from paint.
Do your GEST 1 value adding as gest1 paramters is activity bit and message number. Every time new message is sended you should see LSB part adding up.
(it should go 0, 1, 0, 2, 0, 3). Also Eth card TX led should blink at least 1 second interval now (if you are connected with USB cable, nd only ethernet coms are read_var block for port.)

Last edited:
Hey Lare,
I did now change the setup. Please see pic Rev6 and Rev7 ( just animated).

Unforntally no data receiving.
CAT_1_GEST[1] is counting up in interval
CAT_1_GEST[2] is still 7 and I have no idea why

Kind regards,
Frank

Your redacted part doesn't look long enough to have an IP in it, address into the ADDM should look like this:

0.2.0{172.16.253.7}1

There is a sample READ_VAR application on the Schneider website, this might assist

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA241528/

Your redacted part doesn't look long enough to have an IP in it, address into the ADDM should look like this:

0.2.0{172.16.253.7}1

There is a sample READ_VAR application on the Schneider website, this might assist

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA241528/

Yes, you maybe could even use P57 series Xway addressing scheme for IP, but then IP address should be also on Xway table on PLC.
But who would want to use that addressing for TCP communications anymore :p.

I'm glad Lare has jumped in here, there were a bunch of things I'd forgotten about, like that activity bit interlock before sending again.

Unless your IP address for the ADDM is a public internet facing one (I hope not for an I/O module!), there shouldn't be much risk showing it.

Hello all,
I am now in touch with OEM. As soon as I get a positive outcome I will update here.

Thanks a lot for your support so far.

Kind regards,
Frank

Hello all,
it is now running, to be honest not 100% sure why but the data is available now.

I will keep on testing to verify that it will work stable.

Many thanks for the support.

Kind regards
Frank

read_var_Rev8.JPG