You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 3rd, 2002, 03:53 AM   #1
russrmartin
United States

Ti545 Fatal Error

We have a TI545 processor that shows a fatal error when you try to communicate with it. I tried a blind dump of the backup program to clear everything, and it wouldn't even do that. Anyone have any ideas, is this processor just plain hosed? It shows that the DC power is ok on the power supply. I'm stumped.

Russ
Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:30 AM   #2
steffen_sohl
Denmark

Hi Russ

Have you tried to disconnect the backup battery and leave for a short period, before you plug it in again, I experienced that sometimes the CPU kind of lock's itselv and then you can unlock it in this way.
Hope it help's you out.
Do you have a description or errortext of the fatal error ??

Old May 29th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #3
habadeer
United States

Worked for me

Just wanted to say thanks to PLCtalk.net for maintaining this thread since 2002. Just used it to fix my TI545 problem.

Wow.... 12 years later and this stuff is still being used.
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #4
OdinIII
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by habadeer View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to PLCtalk.net for maintaining this thread since 2002. Just used it to fix my TI545 problem.

Wow.... 12 years later and this stuff is still being used.
I don't remember the specific fault code but most of the time our 545's can be brought back from a "CPU Good" light out problem by performing a "complete restart" with the programming software.
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #5
MHennel
United States

I have always had good luck removing the battery and shorting the battery cables together instead of waiting for a time period. I have used the TI-545 and TI-555 for over 20 years and have only had one actually go bad. They have been a very dependable PLC.
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #6
John Soltesz
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHennel View Post
I have always had good luck removing the battery and shorting the battery cables together instead of waiting for a time period. I have used the TI-545 and TI-555 for over 20 years and have only had one actually go bad. They have been a very dependable PLC.
We still have 5 TI 520C's and T's in service, several TI545's. The last failed CPU was maybe 6 years ago when a hole opened up in the roof during a heavy rain and flowed into a panel that was running. We replaced it with a CTI2500. The program dropped right in without any re-addressing. We even have a TI435 that replaced a 5TI CPU, with 6 or so remote 5TI I/O racks in service. Yea we do have some vintage AB stuff still running and maybe a Gould Micro84 running a filter system. Haven't been out to the cooling ponds for years, I think it is still there.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum