Ti545 Fatal Error

russrmartin

We have a TI545 processor that shows a fatal error when you try to communicate with it. I tried a blind dump of the backup program to clear everything, and it wouldn't even do that. Anyone have any ideas, is this processor just plain hosed? It shows that the DC power is ok on the power supply. I'm stumped.

Russ

Hi Russ ;)

Have you tried to disconnect the backup battery and leave for a short period, before you plug it in again, I experienced that sometimes the CPU kind of lock's itselv and then you can unlock it in this way.
Hope it help's you out.
Do you have a description or errortext of the fatal error ??

:D

Worked for me

Just wanted to say thanks to PLCtalk.net for maintaining this thread since 2002. Just used it to fix my TI545 problem.

Wow.... 12 years later and this stuff is still being used. (y)

Just wanted to say thanks to PLCtalk.net for maintaining this thread since 2002. Just used it to fix my TI545 problem.

Wow.... 12 years later and this stuff is still being used. (y)

I don't remember the specific fault code but most of the time our 545's can be brought back from a "CPU Good" light out problem by performing a "complete restart" with the programming software.

I have always had good luck removing the battery and shorting the battery cables together instead of waiting for a time period. I have used the TI-545 and TI-555 for over 20 years and have only had one actually go bad. They have been a very dependable PLC.

I have always had good luck removing the battery and shorting the battery cables together instead of waiting for a time period. I have used the TI-545 and TI-555 for over 20 years and have only had one actually go bad. They have been a very dependable PLC.

We still have 5 TI 520C's and T's in service, several TI545's. The last failed CPU was maybe 6 years ago when a hole opened up in the roof during a heavy rain and flowed into a panel that was running. We replaced it with a CTI2500. The program dropped right in without any re-addressing. We even have a TI435 that replaced a 5TI CPU, with 6 or so remote 5TI I/O racks in service. Yea we do have some vintage AB stuff still running and maybe a Gould Micro84 running a filter system. Haven't been out to the cooling ponds for years, I think it is still there.