FT view SE

Hi guys i have a problem i opened a ftview se project on another system it opened but in displays it shows "?" in every text field and in i/o fields does anyone know about this???
need a quick help...

Check your language selection. Graphics that are opened in another language than they were created in show all "???"
If you have developed in multiple languages, and some graphics show ?? and some show text, you may have to export all text from the entire project and re-import in the correct language.
Even different versions of the same language will come up as ???

The fix here is not too painful and hopefully gets you sorted out...

ID: IN27326 | Access Levels: Everyone
FactoryTalk View SE: When importing a HMI server into a Networked application, all text is replaced with ?

Add and select the required language (if you know it?) and then reopen the project. Text object contents should be restored legible. Then change it to whichever language you might prefer and repeat.

Regards,
George

The fix here is not too painful and hopefully gets you sorted out...

ID: IN27326 | Access Levels: Everyone
FactoryTalk View SE: When importing a HMI server into a Networked application, all text is replaced with ?

Add and select the required language (if you know it?) and then reopen the project. Text object contents should be restored legible. Then change it to whichever language you might prefer and repeat.

Regards,
George

Thanks George, perfect timing, just did a project and had the dreaded ?'s instead of text. In the panelview no languages showed up under Application settings, although in windows CE and the project in FactoryTalk all showed English-US. I had to add another language, open it in that language, then add English-US, then re-open and select the English-US option. No idea why this suddenly happened after around 15 projects.

Last edited: