You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 14th, 2007, 03:32 AM   #1
Gromit
Austria

A password protected button into a WinCC flex micro project?

Hello,

I'd like to make a password protected button into a WinCC flexible 2005 micro project. I suppose that to project Runtime security on a button I've to set on the button under Properties /Security an authorisation.
But where exactly do I have to enter the password, which later will be required for every pressing on the button?

Regards
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #2
Jeebs
Belgium

On the left side: Runtime user Administration

User : Individual users, this is where you enter user name and password which will be used during runtime.

Groups: This is where you link the user to specific groups, each group can have different authorisation. (much like windows)

Example:
User:Grom Password:****(whatever you'd like)
Group: Users2(this name can also be changed)
For Users2 select operate3.
On your button, under security > authorisation select operate3 (don't forget to tick the enable box)
Now only by entering the Name Grom and correct password will you be enabled to press the button.

Plz notice that entering the wrong password 3 times will lock out that user. This can be undone by redownloading the project/using the user view. (user view not availalbe on all panels)

Best I can do without knowing which panel will be used.

Jeebs
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #3
Gromit
Austria

Thank you Jeebs.

The panel is TP177micro, but I think your advice is valid for it.

Regards
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:01 AM   #4
Jeebs
Belgium

Your welcome.

It seems the TP177 initially has only 3 security levels, you can always add security levels.

For use of the User View, best to create a separate screen for this and only allow Admin to access it. You will need to be logged in as admin to change anything.

After logging in as admin, and completing the changes, log in as any other random user. I do this because the panels remember the last login name. And operators tend to lock the admin account. (best they do not know the admin account name)

Jeebs
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum