You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 25th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #1
MHennel
United States

Siemens CPU 319F-3 PN/DP

I have two project sites that have several CPU-319F-3 PN/DP PLC's installed on various material handling systems. In the last two months I have add errors on them were all of the status LED's on the PLC are flashing and there is message in the diagnostic buffer that reads “DEFECTIVE: Internal System Error’ At one site it has happened to all five PLC's at the same time. This has happened twice in the last two month. On another site it has happened to two of the four PLC's but at different times. Here is a screen shot of the PLC version number. Has anyone else had an issue like this
Attached Images
File Type: png PLC.png (3.8 KB, 30 views)
Old September 25th, 2015, 11:14 AM   #2
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

Since it happens to several PLCs at the same time, it must be something external that causes it to happen.
Could it be caused by lightning strike ?
Is the earthing good enough ?
If the various PLCs are interconnected with each other, or other distributed panels or nodes, does everything have a proper equipotential earthing (not the same as common earth !).
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #3
KalleOlsen
Norway

Are all CPUs running with the same firmware version?

I just had 'the same' happening to an S7410.

Kalle
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:46 PM   #4
MHennel
United States

Jesper, I am having my guys onsite check the grounding. On one site that is a distinct possibility as the electrical installation is not good. On the other site there was some lighting in the area at the time, but on the second occurrence I do not believe there was. Also on this site we have installed UPS's on the PLC's
Kalle, Yes they are all running the same version of firmware. So far Siemens has not been able to provide and real information on what might have caused it, other than a problem with the boot loader.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum