Mitsubishi Q-Series: Connecting SoftGOT GUI pages to the PLC

Mas01

Hi,

Correction: title should say GTDesigner3 (not softGOT)

I've updated some GUI pages using GT designer3 and I'm at the point where I want to "link" it (for want of a better term) to the software in the PLC. The PLC code itself is unchanged, it's only the PC-based GUI that I've updated with new display parameters.

Does anyone know how I can get my pages to connect to the PLC?

Part of the problem is that when I run SoftGOT1000, it immediately connects to the PLC, but these GUIs are the original ones - not the ones that include my updates.

Hopefully, getting the PLC to "link" to my GUI pages is not too difficult!

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you modifying the original application that is currently running or is this a new one you have created in GT.
If modifying the original then it will automatically update as it is part of the original project, the only way if using the Softgot is to point the whole new project within the Softgot. alternately, you could run the simulator on your laptop but point it to the PLC.in other words have two connections to the PLC one from the Softgot PC and one from your laptop via the simulator.

Are you modifying the original application that is currently running or is this a new one you have created in GT.
If modifying the original then it will automatically update as it is part of the original project, the only way if using the Softgot is to point the whole new project within the Softgot. alternately, you could run the simulator on your laptop but point it to the PLC.in other words have two connections to the PLC one from the Softgot PC and one from your laptop via the simulator.

Hi, I made a copy of the original GT designer file.
I then updated the pages on the copy I just made.
I'm at the point where I want to link the code on the PLC to my updated pages. The only hardware on the network is the PLC in the cabinet and the PLC PC which hosts GX developer, GT designer3 and GT softGOT. They're all connected via ethernet I believe. So there's no laptop in the system, as it were.

Just to add...the confusing thing is that softGOT, when it starts up, automatically starts the 'live' rig GUI.
I don't understand the link between GT designer3 and softgot1000 or how they talk to each other.

The only two ways either replace the original project in the Softgot and run it or using the simulator and setting the simulator to 232 rather than GXDeveloper setting and use a 232 cable to the PLC as a separate connection, but this would require a com port.
They don't communicate you just configure the pages on GT then point the SoftGot to the project.
I do not have Softgot so I don't really know, I just assume that there are some settings in Softgot to point it to the application.

Last edited:
Just had a look at GT Designer and there is a USB connection in the set of the simulator I will try it tomorrow to see if it works see pic.
But I suggest you stop SoftGot before trying it. I assume your PLC has a USB connection.

USB Sim.jpg

Just had a look at GT Designer and there is a USB connection in the set of the simulator I will try it tomorrow to see if it works see pic.
But I suggest you stop SoftGot before trying it. I assume your PLC has a USB connection.

Interesting, I'll look at that screen tomorrow, and see what it looks like.

I have just put the simulator to USB and connected it to a Q06 processor & it worked ok. I only put a quick lamp on it and not sure what processor you have but I think it's same series
See pic.

Sim1.jpg

The only two ways either replace the original project in the Softgot and run it or using the simulator and setting the simulator to 232 rather than GXDeveloper setting and use a 232 cable to the PLC as a separate connection, but this would require a com port.
They don't communicate you just configure the pages on GT then point the SoftGot to the project.
I do not have Softgot so I don't really know, I just assume that there are some settings in Softgot to point it to the application.
Getting my display pages (created with Designer3) to 'go live' was much easier than I thought.
By chance I right-clicked on one of the live screens, then chose 'Open|Open a Project...' then navigated to where my project is. Hey Presto - my pages became live!